Exel Composites has a long history with high-quality, innovative composite bus profile solutions to leading bus and coach manufacturers. We offer to the transportation industry engineered solutions that look good, weigh less, last longer, carry more load and/require less maintenance.
The Exel Composites bus profiles are solving our customer challenges by:
- Reducing weight, and therefore fuel cost savings
- Eliminating panel corrosion and denting, cutting lifetime cost savings
- Best surface quality, ready for painting / coating
- Largest and most complicated profiles, providing freedom in design innovation
- Thinnest wall structures in composites
- Combining different features in one profile for lifetime quality, with less components
- Fabrication – ready for assembly
Superior Product Features:
- Low weight
- High energy efficiency
- Corrosion resistant properties
- Class 1 paintable surface
- Fire Retardancy
- High dimensional stability
Composite is also a sustainable long term solution.
Typical internal body parts include internal coves, both fixed and movable, heating ducts, ceiling profiles, flooring, side walls, luggage rack parts.
Typical external body parts include cant rails, skirts, third panels, luggage door panel, Cant rail extensions.
- Pultrusion profiles with traditional construction
- High performance optimized pultrusion profile shapes and construction
- Wide range of materials: Resins (polyester, polyurethane, epoxy) and reinforcements (glassfiber, carbonfiber and natural fiber.
- Machining options : cutting and mitering, drilling and milling, colour/coating options, through coloured resin systems