Headquartered in Zhengzhou of central China’s Henan Province, Zhengzhou Yutong Group Co., Ltd. is a large-scale industrial group mainly specialized in the bus business. Yutong has become one of the world’s major bus and coach suppliers with a share of over 15% in the global market.
Advanced Technologies Improve the Performance of Buses
Every year, four percent of the company’s annual turnover is put into the research of state-of-the-art technologies of buses. Yutong not only established the first post-doctoral workstation, the state-level technical center, the experimental center and the first National Research Center on Electronic Control & Safety Engineering Technology of Electric Buses in China’s bus industry, but also possesses a professional R&D team of over 3,000 people who have advanced concepts of bus development so as to guide the design of bus products with science and technology.
Making all-out efforts to develop new energy buses and uphold the green mobility, Yutong has so far delivered over 100,000 units of new energy buses. Every year, Yutong’s new energy buses can reduce carbon emissions by 3,000,000 tons, which is equivalent to the CO2 absorption of a 7,000-hectare broad-leaved forest, greatly improving the urban atmospheric environment with significant social and environmental benefits.
Application of Multiple Technologies Creates Quality Buses
For customers, the value of technology is to apply it on products and bring actual benefits. Relying on its own R&D capability of bus technologies, Yutong also actively introduced a number of the world’s advanced technical applications. Through repeated research and tests, Yutong can help you improve your operational efficiency and manufacture high-quality buses for you.
The core focus of customers is the quality of buses, which is also the basis to achieve the operating income. With sophisticated manufacturing processes and cutting-edge technologies, Yutong has realized the perfect combination of safety, reliability, comfort, energy-efficiency, environment friendliness and intelligence so as to manufacturing high quality buses for you.
Yutong has conducted many rollover tests with the tilt angle reaching 42°(National standard 35°). The deformation after rolling is very small and the bus can still run after the rollover test. This meets all European standards, which provides a safety guarantee for the operating.
Yutong is the first one in China’s bus industry to conduct the crash test. The vehicle had minimal deformation after the crash test, and the driver still had enough space for survival without being trapped.
Research on Ergonomics
Yutong has set up multiple test models to study the driver comfort, fields of vision, body & thigh spaces, manipulation convenience, etc. in a bid to improve the performance of vehicles from the perspective of drivers.
Research on the A/C Performance of Buses
CFD technology —— Simulate the flow field of the air duct of bus air conditioner. Modification of 6 key items —— Make the temperature throughout the internal bus more even and provide a more comfortable environment for passengers.
Research on Noise
By using the same test rig for materials of the Shenzhou V spacecraft, Yutong has taken corresponding improvement measures to reduce the noises inside and outside the vehicle and upgrade the passenger transportation service.
Reliability and Durability
- All-terrain road simulation test for chassis – The 6-freedom all-condition simulation of wheels can verify the reliability of the chassis framework, axles, leaf springs, air bags, shock absorbers, anti-roll bars and so on.
- Road simulation test for whole vehicles – Such destructive tests can greatly improve the reliability of the vehicle and further reduce the maintenance costs.
- Fatigue test of parts and components – Solve the problems of noise, fatigue and shock resistance performance via tests on the 6-freedom multi-axis vibration bench.
- Electrocoating technique – Yutong’s state-of-the-art electrocoating technique greatly improves the anti-corrosion performance and long-lasting beauty of buses. Designed and commissioned by the world-renowned Dürr company of Germany, the electrocoating line for bus bodies has reached the internationally advanced level in terms of manufacturing process and facilities and taken a lead respecting the scale and production capacity.
Yutong Telematics System for Buses
- Real-time video surveillance
- Timely sending of scheduling information
- Automatic inspection of irregularities
- 90% reduction of labor costs on identifying illegal driving behaviors
- Operation violation alarm
Dangerous driving alarm
- Playback of running track
- Passenger overload alarm
Energy consumption management:
- Statistical analysis of fuel consumption
- Analysis of fuel-efficient driving
- Analysis and remediation of vehicles with high energy consumption
- Average 10% increase on energy saving rates
Repair & maintenance management:
- Automatic reminder of maintenance
- Real-time monitoring of vehicle faults
- Automatic creation of maintenance plan
- 50% increase of maintenance efficiency
- 5% reduction of maintenance costs
- Systematic matching management of vehicles and drivers
- Scientific analysis and management with one-vehicle-one-archive system
- Accurate management of electronic fence and mileage statistics
- 10% reduction of inefficient mileages
Based on Internet of Things, cloud computing and big data technologies, Vehicle+ has the capability of accessing to ten millions of equipments, processing ten billions of messages as well as saving and mining enormous amount of data.
Based on an open platform, Vehicle+ provides multi-level integration capabilities and is committed to establishing a telematics ecosystem that integrates Yutong’s upstream and downstream industrial chains.
Targeting the Industry 4.0, Vehicle+ is an industry-linked and Internet of things platform which achieves intelligent manufacturing of whole vehicle and cloud services by means of data mining and artificial intelligence.
Fuel Efficiency of Yutong Buses
The exclusive ReCtrl technology enables plug-in hybrid buses to save fuel by more than 60% and reduce PM emissions by over 90%, leading the technological revolution of energy conservation and emission reduction.
Generation of the Engine Thermal Management System
The 2nd generation of the engine thermal management system self-developed by Yutong can cut 5-10% more fuel consumption of buses than the 1st generation and 10% more fuel consumption than ordinary engines. Meanwhile, it also sees great improvement in terms of stability, fuel consumption, noise and so on.
The designed weight is about 350kg lower than the products of same kind, greatly reducing the fuel consumption. In addition, the corrosion and heat resistance of components are also improved.
Low Wind Resistance
The wind resistance is about 10% lower than the products of same kind, greatly improving the fuel efficiency and reducing the noise of vehicles.