Cisco Connected Mass Transit
Connected Mass Transit provides an end-to-end, highly secure network, from vehicles to transit stops to maintenance yards. We’ve tested and validated each aspect of the solution with our Cisco Validated Designs to reduce deployment risk. Our partner ecosystem helps deliver a comprehensive solution that meets your needs.
Connected Mass Transit solutions
Upgrade your existing network one area at a time or all at once through a single, end-to-end converged network.
- Metro vehicles: Understand how buses can improve fuel efficiency, reduce electricity costs, and curb CO2 emissions.
- Transit stops: Get arrival information screens, wireless access for passengers, improved security, location-based asset tracking, and new revenue sources like digital advertising.
- Maintenance yards: Prevent major service failures through predictive diagnostics. Enable remote collaboration for fixing maintenance issues. Deter vandalism in your yards and terminals.
Cisco Portfolio for Transportation: What Can We Help You Solve Today?
- Safety and compliance: Dynamically address physical and cyber security threats to improve overall safety and comfort for travelers while ensuring compliance that protecting data privacy.
- Passenger experience: Understanding that one bad passenger experience is one too many, ensure that every experience meets or exceeds the expectations of each passenger through dynamic communications, seamless Wi-Fi, location-based services, and automated ticketing.
- Data operations: Use data insights as an enabler for operational efficiencies, reduced maintenance costs, and new opportunities to achieve desired outcomes.
- Operational efficiency: Build operational excellence as a critical platform for a travel experience that is safe, enjoyable, and cost-effective. Facilitate employee programs for rich collaboration and secure virtual work experiences.
- Transit performance: Efficiently deploy trains and effectively manage track usage for improved customer service, heightened location awareness, and improved safety.
Critical Elements of Success
- End-to-end architecture: Cisco products help connect roadways, intersections, infrastructure, and vehicles.
- Cisco Validated Designs: Explore how we test our products in real-world scenarios to minimize your deployment risk.
- Security: Think beyond the network perimeter and move faster to prepare for cybersecurity challenges.