Air Filtration for Buses and Transit Vehicles
Lumin-Air Transit is committed to improving the air we breathe. Its mission is to improve people’s lives by increasing effective ventilation and improving filtration to MERV-13 equivalence in high-density areas, especially including mass transit vehicles, buses, para transit vehicles, high speed rail, special purpose buses and school buses. Lumin-Air seeks to improve filtration and supplement with proven air cleaners like UV-C to help clean the air, which is recommended by ASHRAE, APTA and the CDC for pathogen mitigation. Lumin-Air provides standard or custom engineered filtration and UV-C solutions to help create safe environments for employees, customers, and students.
Our solution helps remove contaminants from the air in order to reduce the risk of airborne pathogen transmission on transit vehicles and school buses with safe, proven technology. Our patented process uses MERV-13 equivalent active filtration and optional UVC lighting, which has been used for decades, to remove and inactivate pathogens, along with other particulates, and is a recommended solution by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
Customised Air Filtration Solutions for Buses
- Patent pending Lumin-19 uses a combination of MERV-13 equivalent filtration and safe, effective, proven UVC to help continuously clean and disinfect the air recirculated throughout your transit vehicle. A filter only solution is also available.
- UVC has been used for decades to help reduce the risk of airborne pathogen transmission and is a recommended solution by the CDC and ASHRAE to help supplement enhanced filtration in congregate spaces.
- Our solution keeps UVC in an enclosure, helping to disinfect recirculated air, and prevents UVC from shining on occupants or materials.
- Our solution does not emit deadly gases, chemicals, ions, hydroxyl radicals, ozone or other pesticides in the air people breathe.
- Our solution is easily retrofitted onto existing buses, with or without an existing AC system, and requires very little maintenance.
- Lumin-19 is a visible sign to the public of the commitment by the vehicle system’s owners to their health and safety.