Bus Safety Devices
Brigade Electronics is a market leader of safety devices, with solutions to suit all commercial vehicles and mobile plant.
Since 1976 when we introduced the very first reversing alarm to Europe, we have championed the cause of vehicle and plant safety and continue to lead the way, pioneering many products and developing and patenting new technology.
Brigade’s solutions reduce the risk of collisions and protect vulnerable road users by minimising vehicle blind-spots and assisting drivers to manoeuvre safely. Our product portfolio includes 360° camera systems, camera monitor systems, White Sound® reversing alarms, reversing cameras, obstacle detection sensors, obstacle detection radar and digital recorders.
Driving Global Safety
Brigade has been pioneering the cause of commercial vehicle and plant safety since 1976, when it introduced the very first reversing alarm to Europe.
From our humble beginnings in the UK, we are now viewed as a market leader in vehicle safety systems. With a strong network of worldwide subsidiaries and partnerships with approved distributors, all chosen for their high level of service and expertise, we have the experience and knowledge to understand your industry and the problems you face. We act as an industry voice and are often called upon in an advisory capacity to sit on both legislative and international committees.
Whether you operate an international, multi-vehicle fleet or a small business in a remote corner of the globe, on or off-road, vehicle or machine, Brigade has a local specialist to help with your safety requirements. We can provide a solution for a specific problem or offer friendly advice and support if you are new to vehicle safety systems.
We strongly believe in a complementary range of passive and active systems to warn and assist the driver whilst protecting workers, pedestrians and cyclists and constantly research technologies to see how they can further improve safety. Many products in our portfolio were initially introduced to the UK, Europe and even the world by Brigade. Several of our products are patented and unique to us.
Preventing Collisions and Saving Lives
Brigade is committed to making roads and worksites safer for all.
Wherever you are in the world, large road-going vehicles and mobile plant continue to be a danger. Thankfully, Health & Safety culture is gradually improving to help combat these dangers, but whatever the local obligation, there is no excuse for compromising on safety.
Brigade understands that without quality, reliable products we would not be the company we are today, which is why we go the extra mile to make sure safety is not compromised.
Products are only released once we are confident they are fit for purpose. It would be easy to forget this with the lure of new technologies, but this is not the Brigade way. Whatever the product or technology, it has to pass rigorous and comprehensive testing before we consider it suitable to be included in our portfolio.
A closely controlled design and manufacturing process plus in-house Research and Development is all managed by a proficient engineering team that sets us apart from the competition. They ensure our products are, and remain, at a consistently high standard.
Brigade Electronics Group Plc is ISO 9001 Quality Management certified.
Safety in the Bus & Coach Industry
PSV transport and passenger-carrying vehicles such as buses, coaches and minibuses provide an essential service for today’s commuters and leisure travellers.
The safety of passengers, employees and members of the public is essential, but with vehicles operating in busy and congested urban environments, preventing incidents with cyclists or other vulnerable road users is also vital.
Due to vehicle sizes and positions of drivers, buses and coaches have extensive blind spots. This lack of visibility is a contributory factor to incidents and greatly increases the risk of a collision. Being able to prevent incidents and deter fraudulent insurance claims and vandalism is important to the safety of passengers, staff and other road users and the reliability and efficiency of the service.
Problems Within the Bus & Coach Industry
- Bus / coach and cyclist collisions due to blind spots
- Damage to vehicles when manoeuvring due to rear overhang
- Damage to vehicles from street signs
- Manoeuvring in bus stations, coach interchanges, depots and garages where reversing can be difficult and dangerous
- Vandalism of buses and coaches by passengers and attacks on members of the public, drivers and staff
- Damage caused by parking in close proximity to other bus / coaches
How Brigade Can Help
By investing in Brigade’s safety solutions you can improve worker and public safety. Benefits include:
- All-round visibility for safer, more efficient operation
- Reduced accidents
- Reduced vehicle downtime due to accidents
- Vandalism deterrent
- Vehicle and passenger security surveillance
- False claim prevention
- Reduced noise complaints
- Meet health and safety requirements
- Strengthen companies reputation in the community
Safety Solutions for Bus & Coach
- Backeye®360 is an intelligent four-camera system designed to eliminate vehicle blind spots and assist low-speed manoeuvrability by providing the driver with a complete 360° view of their machine in a single image.
- Camera Monitor Systems can help eliminate vehicle blind spots to prevent collisions. Cameras are available to cover the rear, side and front blind spots as well as internal views and to monitor vehicle-specific functions. Multiple camera images can be viewed on a single in-cab monitor.
- Reversing and Warning Alarms are vital audible devices to warn pedestrians and workers that a vehicle is manoeuvring. bbs-tek® alarms are the safest and yet quietest on the market due to their instantly locatable and directional sound. Options include smart alarms, which adjust to the ambient noise level and speaking alarms. bbs-tek® warning alarms are patented to Brigade.
- Ultrasonic Obstacle Detection 2,3 or 4 sensor systems which inform the driver of distance between the vehicle and any obstacles, whether moving or stationary. Increases safety when low-speed manoeuvring, reversing or in the near-side and front blind spots where pedestrians and cyclists can otherwise go undetected.
- Mobile Digital Recording By simultaneously recording footage from up to eight vehicle-mounted cameras, a digital recorder can provide irrefutable evidence in the case of an incident. The lockable hard drive can store up to 1164 hours of data which can be easily accessed via a PC or uploaded via the 3G network or dedicated WiFi.