NEXCOM – Premier Choice for Mobile Computing Solutions
NEXCOM Mobile Computing Solutions (MCS) Business Unit revitalizes public transit with AI Edge Telematics, In-Vehicle Computers, Railway Computers, Vehicle Mount Computers, and Monitors. These expedite transportation projects, empowering carriers in Public Transit, First Response, and Material Handling domains. Our In-Vehicle Computers (VTC family) cover platforms, communication, and telematics, while ATC family excels in edge processing for Onboard AI video analytics, and ADAS. The Vehicle Mount Computer (VMC family) offers 7”-12” screens, ideal for trucks, buses, and law enforcement, enhancing efficiency and ruggedness.
Empowering Bus Applications with Multi I/O, GNSS and Wireless Data Communication
NEXCOM MCS offers robust embedded IO connectivity continuous GNSS tracking and wireless communication for applications like bus fleet management, route optimization, video & data transmission and operational oversight. Key features encompass:
- CAN/OBD: Gathering ECU information, vehicle speed, fuel data, and engine RPM for comprehensive analysis.
- COM: Streamlining communication and data exchange between the computer and various external devices, such as ticketing machines.
- GPIO: Enabling interaction with external components, devices, and sensors for functions like door control and emergency event triggers.
- GNSS: Equipped with an in-built u-blox NEO M8N/M9N GNSS module and G-sensor, providing motion detection, 24/7 tracking, and anti-theft protection.
- Wireless Connectivity: The system allocates multiple mPCIe and M.2 slots to accommodate communication modules, including LTE, 5G, and Wi-Fi 6E, thereby enabling seamless real-time data communication across diverse applications.
Advanced Power Management and Ignition Control
NEXCOM MCS integrates MCUs with utility tools and SDKs for efficient power control, reducing Time-To-Market, and enabling remote issue resolution. Features include:
- System Control: Detecting ignition signals, low battery drain, and implementing delay on/off timers with a watchdog function.
- System Monitoring: Reading BIOS and MCU data, voltage levels, G-Sensor readings, power consumption metrics, and event log records.
- IO Control: Configuring CAN/OBD impedance, GPIO settings, and programmable LED functionalities.
- Power State Management: Resetting ports, GPS, and slots for swift recovery.
This suite reflects NEXCOM’s commitment to seamless system operation and proactive maintenance, forming a robust foundation for reliability and performance enhancement.
Comprehensive Product Portfolio for Bus Applications
NEXCOM MCS offers a diverse product portfolio with more than 50 standard products and ODM capability that caters to a wide spectrum of computing needs. Leveraging various performance levels of processors, mainly as Intel Atom and Core i processors, NEXCOM provides versatile solutions to meet varying requirements. These solutions find application across a range of sectors, including data gateways, communication hubs, mobile surveillance, and passenger infotainment. The array of options reflects NEXCOM’s commitment to addressing the unique demands of different industries, ensuring efficient and tailored solutions that drive innovation and enhance operational excellence.
Elevating Edge AI
NEXCOM MCS introduces AI-powered products by NVIDIA Jetsons and Intel-based processors, redefining transportation. The NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Orin™ and Orin™ NX SoM industrial module enhance AI capabilities with low power consumption. Our Intel-based processors, including Atom and Core i processors, with expanded features by add-on GPU accelerator modules create resilient mobile platforms for transportation applications. Harnessing AI enhances efficiency and safety.
Outside, ADAS boosts safety with obstacle and blind spot monitoring, leading to self-driving. Inside, real-time passenger counting and seat monitoring elevate the passenger experience. This Edge AI computing accelerates data processing, enabling swift decisions. NEXCOM MCS’s modern design enhances vehicle safety, achieving goals in evolving environments.
NEXCOM is a Titanium member of the Intel® Partner Alliance, as a top tier of the Alliance. Intel and more than 500 global IoT partners of the Intel® Partner Alliance provide scalable, interoperable Intel® -based technologies and solutions that accelerate deployment of intelligent devices and end-to-end analytics. Close collaboration with Intel and each other enables Alliance members to innovate with the latest technologies, helping developers deliver first in-market solutions.