Siemens Commercial Vehicles is a leading provider of innovative systems, solutions and products for all kinds of medium and heavy duty electric commercial vehicles.
- We develop, engineer and produce high performance electric drive systems in the range from on-road vehicles like buses & trucks to construction vehicles and all the way up to off-road vehicles like mining haul trucks, shovels, draglines and underground mining applications.
- We create sustainable value for our customers based on proven, reliable technology – know-how that has been complied in more than 100 years of Siemens traction experience.
- Our dedicated customer services along the complete product life cycle is another vital part of our comprehensive portfolio.
Siemens has combined the development expertise, project management and engineering capabilities of its businesses Mobile Mining and Electric Commercial Vehicles under one roof to become Commercial Vehicles. Nevertheless, the branch-specific solutions along the well-founded know-how we care for our customers remain untouched.
What Distinguishes Us
Siemens first enabled electric transport of people 141 years ago with the invention of its electric motors driving a streetcar, at that time drawing its power directly from the rails instead being pulled by a pair of horses.
Today, electromobility has been elevated at the forefront of public interest. Its ability to preserve our planet provokes a change in how we think and understand mobility after years of predominantly combustion engine vehicles in all common areas. As part of the Siemens family, Siemens Commercial Vehicles continues to provide the most reliable electric drivetrains to its customers and to support the task of responsible and sustainable transport of people or goods.
Our passion about electric drive systems has brought up our well founded, unparalleled experience with over hundred successful vehicle projects.
Here are some numbers to visualize the success of our longstanding business:
- More than 14.000 ELFA systems were built in various commercial vehicles.
- The accumulated distance, driven by vehicles with ELFA systems
surpasses 2 billion km.
- To get those incredible distances better to understand, we can convert it to
13 astronomic units. One astronomic unit equals the distance between our planet and the sun!
- More than 1200 dedicated mobile mining systems were put on duty in harsh and
- The mining haul trucks driven by Siemens technology moved 37,2 billion tons of material until today.
- That equals 454.000 times the weight of the giant passenger ship Queen Mary or 113.000 times the weight of the Empire State Building in New York. That’s still hard to imagine, but less would be below our efficiency aspirations.
eBus Depot Solutions
With the increasing number of eBuses in public transport, bus depots face new challenges. The same applies for municipal fleet operators – such as sanitation departments – that are also adding more and more eVehicles to their fleets. The TU Berlin (Technical University of Berlin) and Siemens have prepared a white paper, showing how power supply and charging infrastructure of a modern bus depot can be set up in an optimal way and how charging eBuses can be best integrated into the daily operation.
Electrification of Commercial Vehicles: An Easy Task with the Proven Elfa System
Growing mobility demands and increasing transport of goods are the main drivers of a collapsing traffic situation and health risks we are facing today. ELFA, the innovative drive system from Siemens, is a key component in meeting these complex challenges. With Siemens ELFA system, OEMs can design their specific drive train configuration. Operators enjoy profitable, energy saving as well as emission free transport of people and goods. In a word: ELFA – the electric drive system that suits all your needs.
- The modular ELFA system offers a wide range power spectrum for all commercial vehicle classes
- PSM motor and generator technology delivering best-in-class efficiency
- In-house software expertise will boost ELFA system performance even further when facing demanding routes or specific needs
- With Siemens’ worldwide service network, you always have the right contact person at your side.